top of page

Family Sponsorship

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada. You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

  • Canadian citizen or

  • Permanent resident of Canada or

  • Person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act


Who you can sponsor:

  • Your spouse, common-law partner, or dependent children

  • Your parents and grandparents

  • Your relatives in very specific situations

bottom of page